Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Twins Introduction

The fog lay thick in the air as Raihannah ran swiftly through the forest holding a pair of twins in her arms. She could hear Alanna and Arianna’s foes behind them, Raihannah clutched the infants in her arms, sending a silent plea to God, asking Him to help them, then Suddenly, a man with white hair and a pale, pasty face walked right in front of the three escapees! " oh! Kebonsat! You scared me!" Raihannah said in a scornful voice, "why do you always do that?" Though Kebonsat was nearly twenty times Raihannah’s 13-years-old and him being her mentor, she still let her temper get the better of her when Kebonsat did things like walking out in front of her, and correcting her.
Now he said in his usual annoyingly calm voice, " Come this way off the trail, my Witchling." He always called Raihannah a Witchling (which meant that you had not yet become a ful-fledged which), though it was true, it was still something she did not care for.
"Where are we going?" Raihannah asked her mentor, looking around her, they were on a small game trail that she did not remember from her childhood of exploring.
" The Landing Strip." He said in a preoccupied voice.
" The Landing Strip?" She asked in amazement, "why are we going there? You know only the Elders can fly!" It was true. She had once seen someone with wings, walking around Forana, But they had been even older than Kebonsat!
" I am an Elder, child." He said in a tone of voice that was striped of all feeling, it was either that voice, or the calm voice that he used with his trainees. It was very annoying, but Raihannah kept her mouth shut about it.
"Are you going to carry the twins and me while you’re flying?" She asked in an astonished voice. "You know that Is impossible." Raihannah now stared at her mentor as if he were crazy, and then she stated it, " I think you are insane!" she said, trying, partly to brake the silence that stretched on while she wasn’t talking. " Say something, I’m begging you!" Now she was desperate to make him say something. And finally he did.
" No. I am not going to carry all three of you, I wish I could but I can’t. I will carry the twins to a pair of family’s that I think will take care of them." Just then they reached The Landing Strip, It was a beautiful patch of soft green grass that was about fifty feet in diameter. Raihannah was so amazed at the beautiful meadow she was looking at, that she ran toward it, stopping to catch her breath right as she was getting there. "Why don’t you rest for a while here after I’m gone?" Kebonsat asked, looking at her with sad eyes. "You need a brake after running all that way." Raihannah looked as if she were about to faint, but she did not want to admit it so she kept quiet, knowing that if she denied it, then he would only sense that she was lying-they were almost, the only Immortals who could sense feelings- "as-a-matter-of-fact, as your mentor, I am telling you to rest, and I will not leave until you have gotten comfortable." Raihannah new that there was no point in arguing with him because he would only get more persistent.
" Fine, lay down," She said in an annoyed tone, "I’ll just get up as soon as you are gone!" Kebonsat had a look on his face that only could be described as amazed. Raihannah thought about how it was an interesting thing, the fact that he was amazed at her stubbornness, even though he was being just as stubborn.
" I don’t think that is likely." Kebonsat said mysteriously as he took the twins in his arms, "I think a little tea will help you sleep." This time he said it in a more natural tone as he conjured a cup of tea from the air, " I don’t think that is likely at all."
Raihannah started to drink the tea, and by the time she was finished, Kebonsat had grown light brown wings that were a lot like Eagle wings, " I am so tired," Raihannah looked down at her tea, and then looked at Kebonsat, " you put a sleeping potion in it!" she said in an angry voice, " I’ve fallen for it again!" she had fallen for it once before. It was the night she had been assigned to Kebonsat , and she was very tired from running because she had been scared that the people racing after her had wanted to hurt her, and so when she went home with Kebonsat after The Counsel ordered her away, she yawned, but refused to go to bed. Kebonsat had put it in a cookie that time, though. Raihannah sighed then, and said, "ok, are you happy? I’m about to fall asleep! Will you go so that I can watch someone fly?!" She had always dreamed of seeing someone soaring up in the air, and since this was the perfect time, she had decided not to miss it.
" ok, I will go, as long as you do go to sleep." Raihannah rolled her eyes at him, but she settled down, as if that were a silent promise that she would do it.
" Well now, that is not to bad, is it?" Raihannah was so tired she did not answer. "I will go now, you sleep well." right as he said that his wings started to pump up and down, and the three Immortals started flying away, disappearing out of view, but all of this was lost to view to Raihannah, for she had fallen asleep just as they had started to fly away. Now the Immortal was lost in a dream-filled land that she would awake from in about three hours.

A/N I never finished this book but I can't delete this part.

No comments: