Sunday, August 10, 2008

A day without crying is a luxury I cannot begin to know

My heart aches with the grief of a thousand people,
I can feel every pain ever lived in all of time.
I curl up on the floor,
I cry blood as I write this rhyme.
There is a knock at the door,
but I am too weak to get it.
My mind wanders in and out of sanity,
my life is like a horrible skit,
short and full of terror.
I see a black-cloaked figure,
and I know I am dreaming.
But still there is a voice at the back of my mind that wants to pull the trigger.
I realize, in a moment of sanity that blood is streaming
from a deep cut in my cheek,
and I ponder where it came from.
My skin begins to leak,
when I touch it with my thumb
it leaves my body.
I stay still as I can,
afraid more of my skin will peal off,
leaving a bloody and gaping hole in my flesh.
My entire body aches
and I am surrounded by deep red blood.
I try getting up even knowing the stakes,
and as I do,
the pool becomes a flood.
I become too weak to even stand,
so I fall to the floor.
I look and I can see the pink/red muscles in my hand,
it is an ugly thing my skin can no longer store.

A/N Not my best, by far, but I can't make myself delete it or not post it.

No comments: