I felt my heart give out. I felt my soul leave my body, I need to be afraid, But all emotion is gone.
I tried to turn around, But when I did, I saw my dead body laying on the floor with a knife in my hand, cuts on my wrists and a huge pool of blood surrounding me.
"I actually did it!" I thought happily, and then I realized what I had said, "I am dead!" I tried to panic, but I still could not feel any emotions, and then I thought about that, "I can feel happy!" that made me feel a little better, but just as I was about to attempt to go back into my body, I saw the strangest thing; in one corner of the room, seeming to be floating in the air, there was a hole of beautiful white light that felt as though it was beckoning to me, and at the other corner of the room, there was another hole of beautiful white light, but this light seemed to flicker on and off at times, it too, was beckoning, but not as strong as the other.
"Heaven and hell." I thought, but the problem was, which one was which?
"Heaven has got to be the one that does not flicker." I new I was right, but I had always wondered what hell really was like. "Should I choose Hell? What if I can’t go back once I choose?" now I was confused. What could I do? Should I choose heaven, and then never know what hell was like? I started to drift towards hell, when a beautiful maiden with hazelnut brown hair and a graceful, white robe that seemed to shift colors as the maiden moved came out of heaven. It must been an angel. She looked at me, seemed to notice that I was drifting towards hell, and sighed,
"Have you done anything terribly wrong in your past?" the angel asked, barely moving her lips.
"Um. . . nothing really bad. . ." I said, unaware of the importance of what I was doing.
"Good, now, how did you die?" she looked at a clipboard that I was sure had not been there a couple of seconds ago,
"um. . ." I looked back at where my body had been, it was no longer there, as a matter of fact, we were in an entirely different place, all I could see was white, and the two holes, "I. . . died in a fire." I lied.
"I see," I heard a terrible beeping coming from everywhere and nowhere, "you must understand, I know when you tell me the truth and when you lie, please tell the truth." she seemed undisturbed by the beeping, and suddenly, it stopped.
"Okay, I committed suicide." I said.
"How?" she was getting on my nerves with the questions, but I still could not feel anger, "I cut me wrists."
"I see, do you regret what you did?" she asked.
"No." I felt ashamed at what I said, but that was the truth, I felt like I had made a great accomplishment, but the woman did not seem to feel like that.
"Do you want to be forgiven?" she seemed bored with the question.
"Well. . .I don’t know. . .will I have to go to heaven if I get saved?" I was hoping that she could tell me what I should do.
"No, but don’t you want to go to heaven?" she seemed to get weirdly interested suddenly.
"Well. . .I don’t know. . . . . .I always wondered what hell was like. . ." I said, afraid somewhat that I would be permanently sent to hell.
"I see. Well you have to choose one or the other because the only one you can come out of is heaven, and that is only if you have His consent."
That made me decide instantly, "Okay, I want to be saved and go to heaven." I said with enthusiasm.
"Great! Then lets get started." She clapped her hands in a very dainty way and suddenly an intricately designed gold bowl with ‘Holy Water’ etched into it. "What I am going to do is, I am going to pour this holy water on you, and tell me what temperature it is." I thought that seemed odd that she was going to pour water over me without knowing what temperature it was, but I went along with it because it seemed important.
"Okay."
"Alright."
I knelt on a red velvet pad on the floor and put my fore head onto what looked like a spa table.
"One, two, three."
Right as she said three, room temperature holy water was pored onto me. She handed me a towel, and as I was drying off, she asked,
"So, what temperature was the water?"
"It was room temperature." I answered honestly.
"Good, you can go to heaven now." she said in an emotionless voice.
I looked around and there was the white hole that was heaven. "I am a little afraid." I admitted, looking back at the angel standing behind me.
"There is nothing to be afraid of, I have been there for a very long time, and I am fine." she said, giving me a little push towards it.
"Okay then."
I walked slowly towards it and glanced back at the beautiful angel right before I plunged into the most wonderful feeling place in the entire existence, and the sad thing is, I cannot tell you anything further about it.
A/N This is a story I wrote when I was about...10, so please ignore the fact that it is badly written.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment