Prologue
My name is too dangerous to know, what I look like could get you killed, what I said to you in this book could get you tortured. I’m not the kind of girl you would want to know, with your friends dying and leaving you right and left. I don’t really like this life, and yet I am the one who chose it. Although I just said that my name is too dangerous to know, I’m going to tell you anyway. Michelle. I won’t tell you my last name because that would be too dangerous to know. I don’t know who you are, or why you are reading this, but I hope your reading this for sheer entertainment instead of a way to find out who my friends and family are. But if that is the case then I have only a few things to say to you, #1 you have the right book, #2 you are a good spy, and #3 you won’t find them.
CHAPTER ONE The Beginning
I sat at my desk in my office, I was not doing anything but watching my beautiful pet and friend Leopard, Grace, pace the floor, she could sense her mistresses restlessness. I hated waiting for my next assignment, it made me feel secure in life when I was fighting the people of this world whom only people like me could defeat. I live on a deserted island that is not on any maps, if it weren’t for that, I would not be looking at my Leopard right now. Grace helped me with my cases, she was, and still is, the only partner I will ever have. Suddenly, the phone rang, and I picked it up instantly, "Hello? Michelle speaking." I said into the phone.
"Grace." Said a voice on the other line that I recognized.
"Leopard." I said, knowing that, that was what I was supposed to say in order to get my assignment.
"Meet me at Mona Lisa." The familiar voice said before he hung up.
I turned to Grace and said, "we are going to Paris." I got up and went to my room where I packed all the necessities, which included so many guns and such that I would rather not name them. I also changed out of my pajamas, and into my pilot outfit.
After I packed, I went out into the beautiful morning air. I loved waking up before the sun rose. I looked at my watch, it was 5:09, I had been awake for 1 and a half hours and it was already rather hot. I took my pilot jacket off while I checked the engine and other things on my private airplane. I loved having my own airplane, it was much more convenient than having to go to an airport and getting on a plane that I would not be able to bring guns on board unless I flashed my FBI badge around, which I did not like doing when I was on undercover cases. I also have a small problem that would make me have to have my own airplane, there were no airports on this island except my small one.
I pulled myself out of my thoughts and looked at Grace. Ever since I had found Grace as a baby here on this island, no one had given me an assignment in a populated area, therefore, I had no idea what to do about her. I decided to call my main boss, whom every one knew to be an FBI agent, I also decided to call on his office phone so that one, it could not be traced back to me because all the phones in the FBI offices were tap-proof. I went into my office and dialed my bosses number. I did not even hear the ringing until I heard the desk clerks annoyingly cheerful voice say,
"Hi, I am afraid the personal line you have tried to contact has been temporarily disconnected due to the fact that the regular person whom’s office, this line would normally reach, has requested to have the desk clerk who is on duty when he receives a phone call, to intercept it immediately so that he may not be disturbed by any un-wanted calls. Please state your name and business of call."
I was open-mouthed in shock at the fact that The Boss would have done such a thing, but I did not want this man to know that, so I did as I was told, or somewhat,
"My name is not necessary and if you will tell Michael," That was the name of my boss, "one word for me, I am certain he will change his mind about all that. I said to the clerk, hoping that Michael would understand who I was with the one word I had requested, since I did not dare tell this idiot our code.
"I am afraid that I have had specific orders not to bother Michael." that made me very mad, after all, he would not even have to get up in order to give this one word to Michael.
"I don’t care what your orders are! Just give this one word to Michael and he will praise you at worst!" I could tell he was contemplating it, so I waited, trying to be patient.
"Very well, what is this word?"
I was extremely grateful, for I was afraid he would not agree, and I would not be able to explain my problem to Michael. I realized that the desk clerk was waiting for me, so I hurried and told him the word,
"Snake-tent." I was referring to the assignment where I met Michael. It was a rainy night 10 years ago, and I was in the OP which Michael was leading, we had a week long assignment that needed more than one OP, and staying In a tent. I had set up my tent before anyone else and so I had some free time, I decided to spend it decoding the letter that would tell us where to find a secret bomb factory somewhere in the forest we were currently in, I went about 20 paces from camp so that I would be able to do my decoding in private.
I had just gotten the first few words decoded, when I looked back and found everyone inside they’re tents for the night, I went back to my tent, was about to open the flap when. . . three huge snakes leaped at me at the same time! I screamed as loud as I had ever screamed before, I hated snakes! Everyone in the entire camp ran out of they’re tents, but Michael got there first, and when he saw me struggling with three Boa Constrictors trying to kill me, he quickly took out his gun and shot them without shooting me. As he helped me up the entire unit, (who were all more experienced than I) said at the same time,
"you’ve got a Snake-Tent!" They all laughed and went back to bed.
As I came out of my revery, I heard a voice on the other line arguing with the desk clerk, "I am sorry, I did not know!" Said the clerk.
"You’d better be sorry!" Said the gruff voice of my boss.
"Oh, thank God!" I said, "Michael! I was afraid you would refuse to talk to me, or possibly that you would not understand!" I was over-joyed, for Michael was an old friend as well as a boss, so I needed his advice badly.
"Do you think I am an idiot, kid? Asked Michael.
"No, Sir!" I was used to his moods, but this was more of a bad mood than he had been in a long time, "is something the matter, Sir?"
"Yes, but I can’t talk about it now, not on the phone." he said, He had never hesitated to tell me anything. "Now, what is it that is so important that you insist on talking to me?" I understood he was not understanding this call, because I hardly ever called him unless it was important.
"Well Sir, it is about the assignment," I said hesitatingly, I did not want him to think I was blurting things on a in-secure line.
"Yes, what about it? It is safe." he replied.
"You see Sir, Grace and the Mona Lisa just don’t mix." I said, I was trying to be careful even though he had said the line was safe.
"You don’t believe me, do you?" He could sense that it was true even though I denied it. "It really is safe. I got one of my best agents over here to check and make sure." I guessed that the person he was talking about was Gina, and I wanted to make sure, so I asked, "Yes, it was Gina, she is the only one here who knows that you work with me." He admitted. "Now, about this Mona Lisa and Grace business, I understand your situation, and I think your job would be best served if you left Grace at your house, your island is small, she won’t run away, she can hunt, she will be safe." I knew he was right, but I had not done a case without her in a long time, "you are right," I said sadly, "I hate having to leave her though, she is half of the reason we are the best of the best."
"I know, but just think about this as a learning experience." Michael had always been able to put a smile on my face even if we were in the middle of a shoot out.
"Thank you, Sir, I have got to go, good-bye!" I said, I had a lot of work to do.
"Goodbye, kid." he said, and then he hung up.
I put the phone down, and then I looked over at Grace, "you are going to have to stay here, I am so sorry."
I then started on my way to Paris and was there in a few hours.
Paris
I got out of the plane at the small airport out in the country and looked around. It was such beautiful land. Rolling hills and level crops, all brilliant with sunlight even though it was mid-day.
A rather tall man with dark brown eyes and almost the sam colored hair approached me from inside a hangar.
"Hello, stranger!"
"Long time no see, Calvin!" I said to my long time friend. "What do you have planned for me this time?"
"A surprise of a lifetime." Calvin said with an excited glint in his eyes.
"Oh no!" I said with mock exasperation, "Not one of your surprises!" I grinned at him.
"The last I recall you liked my surprises." He teased. "Follow me."
He led me to a hangar that was quite close to the hangar that my plane was in and when we walked inside I gasped, "Oh! What a beaut!" I exclaimed as I saw the bright red 2002 Corvette parked inside.
"I thought you might like it," Calvin said with a grin even bigger than mine. "I bought it a few days ago and I decided to give it to you for this mission." I was so excited I could run around in circles and yell to the sky!
Suddenly I realized something. "You know I almost always ruin my mission cars," I said with dismay, "I would never be able to take this baby out on a mission!" I felt like I could cry.
"Don’t worry," He said, "It’s not as delicate as you might think." right then he pulled a remote control and pressed a combination that I did not see and the trunk popped open to reveal a machine gun that stood above the hood but made to look like a stereo, "The body is made completely out of a material that is bullet proof and just-about-everything-else-proof." I was so happy that I barely realized that the gun went back in with another combination.
"I can’t believe it, That must have costed thousands!" I exclaimed and then realized I was exclaiming too much.
He smiled a knowing smile and said, "Yeah, but with all my connections, I could afford it easily." He suddenly became nervous, "There’s something else," He paused for so long I thought he wasn’t going to tell me what it was until, "Michael said I was to be your partner for this case."
I stood, stunned and furious. How dare Michael think I couldn’t do this alone! He knew I didn’t take any partner but Grace! "I know you’re mad, but-"
I didn’t even let him finish, "Mad? Is that what you think I am?! Well you can call Michael and tell him I’m working alone!" I knew I was being unreasonable, I knew it wasn’t Calvin’s fault, so I calmed myself down and interrupted his protests, "I’m sorry, I know you can’t help it, would you mind briefing me of the situation?"
He looked shocked but soon recovered. "Sure. Um. . . Right." He stumbled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment